by admin | October 13th, 2015
I decided a while back facebook is not a legitimate form of documentable communication. If you want me know something, email it – like you used to send a letter. If you have a quick question, shoot me a text – like a postit note. If you want to entertain me, post it on facebook – like writing on the bathroom wall.
After coming to this conclusion, I uninstalled the facebook app from my phone. I never had installed the messenger app, my phone already has SMS, MMS, Hangout & of course email. But I started getting facebook notifications again.
I did some digging and figured out that facebook had weaseled into the Chrome settings on my phone to allow facebook.com to send me notifications through Chrome. So I figured out how to shut them off.
- Goto Settings on your Android
- Go to My Device
- Select Sounds and Notifications
- Scroll down and select Application Notifications
- Scroll to Chrome
- Touch the settings gear in the corner
- You will find all the sites that have permission to send through chrome, there should be a Clear and Reset button.
Depending on your build these may vary
My goal, less noise and more battery.